Welcome to Felting Focus

Welcome to Felting Focus
Link to my Felt website

Friday 11 June 2010

When Thirteen Moons Entwine


I'm taking part in a wonderful project this year called 'When Thirteen Moons Entwine'. This is a textiles event in Quebec - Canada up in the mountains. 26 textiles artists from all over the world are taking part. I am collaborating with Krystyna Sadej , a master weaver and textile artist.Please see her website, it's beautiful.

Thoma and Gabby Ewen at The Moon Rain Centre are organising the event, which takes place from August 15th - October 10th 2010.It's a real honour to be invited.We are working on an outdoor textile art installation which reflects the thirteen moons of the lunar calendar.

It's been such fun coming up with ideas and although slightly daunting , I feel like I am being given a pair of creative wings again after having my 2 gorgeous children!.

At the moment Krystyna and I have agreed to work on two pieces: I will felt onto one of her weavings and Krystyna will weave into one of my felt pieces. I'm going to create a large piece for her with holes that she can felt into. See my flickr page for more sketches.

We are also planning to create a healing space in the forest amongst other things, as this is part of an outdoor trail. I'm looking forward to it, fingers crossed for the funding!.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ali, I am deeply mooved by your enthusiastic approach. Thank you so much for sharing with me this wonderful project, ideas and artistic creations. Krystyna

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello
    yes, I am looking forward to this transforming 'installational' event too... and look forward to meeting you and others!

    Kathryn Pannepacker

    ReplyDelete